You bought a brand-new home and selected an elevation that speaks to your style. You carefully considered and designed every detail of the home’s interior. Now it’s time to move in, but there’s one last aspect to consider to ensure your home looks as beautiful and inviting on the outside as it feels on the inside: curb appeal.
Your home’s exterior is the first impression guests and passersby will have of your investment. Use these design ideas to ensure your home achieves envy-worthy curb appeal.
Landscape design provides the backbone for inspiring curb appeal. Hardscaping is a wise choice. A meandering dry stream, large boulders, or even a self-contained waterfall feature adds interest and visual complexity. Eye-catching landscape design also pops with a variety of plantings, including vibrant annuals; hardy, reliable perennials; show-stopping deciduous trees; and steadfast evergreens.
Excited to design your dream landscaping? New homes at the Canyonpoint at The Canyons (coming summer 2021!) will offer ample opportunities to flex your design muscles and establish unique landscaping with unparalleled curb appeal.
Landscape design not where your interests lie? Consider a brand-new Berkeley Homes build in The Canyons (south of Denver) or a paired home at Skyline Greens (north of the city), where front yards are HOA-maintained and shared green spaces abound.
Here are some simple design elements for personalized, aesthetically focused curb appeal:
- Practice symmetry: Frame your doorway with matching sconces or flank a pathway with colorful, evenly distributed garden beds—symmetry is always pleasing to the eye.
- Light it up: Accent lighting in trees or bushes or along a pathway can offer dramatic evening results.
- Spruce up with potted plants: Various pot sizes and styles + a variety of plants = an instant, aesthetically dynamic garden.
- Upgrade your digits: What’s your style—modern? Mid-modern? Country farmhouse? Swap out your address numbers with ones that reflect this vibe.
- Dress up with decor: A chic Welcome sign, stylish door mat, or elegant wreath can elevate a front door from boring to exciting in no time.
- Install a window box: Hang a window box filled with prolific, colorful annuals to dazzle passersby.
- Add seating: Rockers and Adirondacks—or a bench swing—are inviting and add visual interest to the open space of a porch.
How will you achieve swoon-worthy curb appeal at your home? Get creative and explore the possibilities—and have fun!
Berkeley Homes, an award-winning new-home builder, has proudly served satisfied customers in communities across the Denver-Metro area for more than two decades. From stunning, low-maintenance exteriors to expertly crafted, intuitive interiors, our fresh home designs deliver comfort and peace of mind. Contact us today to begin building your dream home with Berkeley Homes.